BMW presenteert de “Concept 4” op IAA 2019 als voorbode voor de G22 4er coupe

Gesloten
Joop
Type Auto: G21 330i Touring HE M-sport

Zojuist (10-09 om 8:30u) gepresenteerd in Frankfurt, de concept van de nieuwe 4-serie.

Het productie model laat nog wel even op zich wachten, maar de 4er concept en daarmee de lijn der grote grillen is doorgezet zo lijkt met de presentatie van het concept model, maar krijgt de toekomstige 4 serie, zo lijkt, een volledig eigen gezicht.

Het persbericht van BMW is er alleen in het engels dus vandaar de volgende tekst:
BMW Concept 4
10.09.2019 Persbericht

De 68e IAA autoshow in Frankfurt is de plek waar BMW Group de BMW Concept 4 onthult. Domagoj Dukec, hoofd van BMW Design: "De nierengrille is altijd een kenmerk van BMW modellen geweest. De BMW Concept 4 presenteert een zelfverzekerde en stijlvolle kijk op dit iconische element. Tegelijkertijd biedt de BMW Concept 4 een vooruitblik op de expressieve styling van de 4-serie." Bijgaand het volledige, Engelstalige persbericht.

Munich. The 68th IAA Cars show in Frankfurt is the venue for the unveiling of the BMW Concept 4 – a future-focused interpretation of the BMW Group’s enduring DNA that represents the magic of coupe driving at its most exciting.

“The BMW Concept 4 embodies the aesthetic essence of the BMW brand. It combines perfect proportions with a clear and precise design,” says Adrian van Hooydonk, Senior Vice President BMW Group Design.

The front end – the new face of the 4 Series range.

The BMW Concept 4 hovers close to the road. The distinctive kidney grille, remarkable air intakes and prominently sculpted surfaces provide an immediate advert for the car’s performance and its engaging character as a driver’s car.

Grabbing the attention at the heart of the front end is the vertical kidney grille. “The kidney grille has always been a signature feature of BMW cars,” reflects Domagoj Dukec, Head of BMW Design. “The BMW Concept 4 presents a confident and classy take on this iconic feature. At the same time, the BMW Concept 4 offers a look ahead to the expressive face of the 4 Series range.” The vertically oriented grille fits seamlessly into both the proportions of the front end and BMW’s illustrious past. Indeed, its form and design reference legendary classics such as the BMW 328 or the BMW 3.0 CSi and therefore shine the spotlight on the BMW brand’s long and successful history as a maker of fine coupes.

The kidney grille is also home to some elaborate details. The grating itself contains horizontal trim elements with a faceted cut which create a neat contrast against the sporty design of the front end and lend depth and exclusivity to the grille. Look closer and another highlight is revealed: the intricate grating within the kidneys and air intakes, which is made up of an array of small “number 4s” joined together.

The slim and focused twin headlights are slightly angled and team up with the kidney grille to lend the front end a modern look with a strong identity. The striking LED light elements have no glass cover; instead they are worked into the body like three-dimensional sculptures. This allows them to bring an even greater sense of modernity and technical sophistication to the front end. The sharply contoured bonnet extends the lines of the front end through powerful volumes and edging of precision. The bold surfacing frames the kidney grille like a gemstone.

The side – the aesthetic essence of a modern BMW coupe.

The BMW Concept 4 displays BMW’s signature proportions at their most modern form yet. The stretched bonnet, long wheelbase, flowing roofline and short overhangs create a modern, elegant and dynamic coupe outline and send energy coursing through the low-slung body even while it’s standing still. Within the silhouette, the ultra-pure surfaces of the new BMW Concept 4 form a powerful main body. The interplay of tautly chiselled volumes and a small number of extremely precise contours create a rare sense of emotion and dynamism. The expressive exterior paint tone Forbidden Red accentuates the car’s surfaces particularly vividly; those in the light at any one time project a rich, glossy red, while shade creates an almost black effect and a striking contrast. The interaction of contours and volumes therefore exude a dramatic sense of radiance and depth.

The athletic body incorporates a slender glasshouse with a narrow window aperture, which further emphasises the dynamism of the side. The long, sweeping roofline flows smoothly into the boot lid, giving the rear end a high-class and sporty aesthetic. The bulging rear wheel arches lend visual expression to the power coursing through the rear wheels and accentuate the muscular shoulders higher up. The slender area above the front wheels, meanwhile, strikes a neat dynamic balance. Its tempered volumes enhance visual agility and lightness. Together, the two sets of wheel arches give the new BMW Concept 4 a powerful and confident stance.

A horizontal main line between the wheel arches takes the place of a classical contour line in shaping the character of the flanks. It runs relative low down along the side of the car, creating a low visual centre of gravity. Further down, another character line rises dynamically from the rear of the front wheels towards the boot lid, bringing extra agility into the mix.

Sophisticated details at second glance.

Look at the BMW Concept 4 more closely and further classy details are revealed. The minimalist, two-section exterior mirrors emerge harmoniously out of the weather strips. The lower section in polished aluminium extends the weather strip in a flowing movement and becomes a mirror surface, while the aerodynamically optimised rear section is in body colour and rounds off the design of the mirrors in dynamic fashion. On the inside of the mirrors is an apparently floating BMW logo, which only comes to light on more detailed inspection.

The light-alloy wheels of the BMW Concept 4 are equally rich in detail. The 21-inch items represent a heavily “dished” take on the sporty five-spoke design, drawing the eye into their centre-points. The fronts of the intricate spokes have a high-polished finish, while the set-back surfaces are finely ground to create a slightly darker effect and give the rim design a sophisticated contrast.

The rear end – clear, eye-catching, dynamic.

The rear of the BMW Concept 4 sits low over the road, as befits a sporty car. The character line transitions from the flanks into the rear end in a broad, horizontal sweep and visually reduces the coupe’s height off the ground even further. Picking up where the front end left off, generously sized and clear surfaces with only a small number of lines are the dominant theme. Purism runs through every element of the rear end and creates a prominent tail graphic. The sporty glasshouse is indented into the powerful body, allowing it to chisel broad and athletic shoulders into the BMW Concept 4’s design. The vertical air outlets frame the lower section of the rear and emphasise the car’s broad stance. The LED rear lights consist of a single fibre-optic element, which lends the familiar BMW L shape a cutting-edge “heartbeat” graphic and dispenses with a glass cover. Their contours underscore the sportingly horizontal focus of the rear end and accentuate its brawny stance on the road. The striking diffuser integrated into the muscular rear apron sets the seal on the car’s rear-end design. Its vertical fins break up the clean surfaces of the car’s tail to send a statement of fine sporting pedigree, while the High-gloss Black paint finish with metallic particles lend it additional visual impact. The pair of exhaust tailpipes highlight a new and dynamic free-form, a detail of the BMW Concept 4’s design that expresses what this car is all about: the modern essence of a coupe oozing aesthetic appeal from every pore.

Filmpje van CarWow:

Een paar shots uit de livestream van vanochtend:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding Afbeelding

"Well we have a straight six at the front, a manual gearbox in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That is page one, chapter one of the petrolsexual handbook." / "Page two is of course a LSD mounted between the rear axle" JC
Joop

Officiële studiofoto’s:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding
Afbeelding Afbeelding

"Well we have a straight six at the front, a manual gearbox in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That is page one, chapter one of the petrolsexual handbook." / "Page two is of course a LSD mounted between the rear axle" JC
ejt
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: BMW

Erg mooi model geworden, strakke lijnen.
Super mooi, maar die grille,................................. het zal toch niet.
heden G21 330iA

2005 E91 320dA
2009 E91 320d
2013 F31 320dA
2014 F31 335dA
2019 G21 330iA
petrolheadd
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: F20 118i lci Mineralgrau M- sport

ik hoop dat dit een grapje is. Ooh wacht het is geen 1 april :duh:
F20 LCI Mineralgrau 118i :Mpower: sport
F36 Alpinweiss 420I :Mpower: Sport (sold)
F60 Mini Countryman JCW (sold)
E91 LCI Le Mans Blue 320i :Mpower: Sport (sold)
VroemE91
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: BMW G20 318i M Sport Tansanitblauw

Die kont! Wat een beauty, maar jammer van de wratten op zijn neus! 002
:Mpower: F31 320i LCI 2018 M Sport Shadow Sapphirschwarz, 403M
:Mpower: M4 Competion Cabrio 2020 voor een week
:Mpower: G20 318i M Sport 2021 Tansanitblau II
Joop

Studiofoto’s van de Concept toegevoegd aan bovenstaande posts.

Vind het zelf ook wel een fraaie concept; alleen ja, die grille die is best aanwezig. Lijkt de nieuwe designtaal te worden, als je de recente E-Concepts van het merk ziet.

Hij had voor mij wel een flink stukje kleiner geworden en ben ook benieuwd hoe ze München denken een plekje te gaan vinden voor onze kentekenplaat (die er in Europa toch echt op zal moeten) en bijv. de sensor voor het radargestuurde cruise control. Bij een paar renders op Bimmerpost zat deze onder in het de linkernier, maar dat zag er echt niet uit.

Het rode kleurtje “Forbidden Red” spat er wel lekker vanaf als je het mij vraagt.
Afbeelding Afbeelding

petrolheadd
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: F20 118i lci Mineralgrau M- sport

Ik vind de lijnenspel geslaagd, maar ik vind die neus/grill gewoonweg lelijk. Teveel in your face 006
Twijfel sterk of mijn volgende auto weer een BMW wordt.....
F20 LCI Mineralgrau 118i :Mpower: sport
F36 Alpinweiss 420I :Mpower: Sport (sold)
F60 Mini Countryman JCW (sold)
E91 LCI Le Mans Blue 320i :Mpower: Sport (sold)
Ray320
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: Een touring

Eigenl niet zo heel spannend, totdat je de grill ziet. :Dubbel: Hopelijk blijft die 'concept'.
E91 320i :Mpower:
Vod
Type Auto: BMW Z4 G29

Van 3 kanten bekeken is het een prachtige auto. Maar de voorzijde is hopelijk nog in 100% conceptmodus want hiermee lopen klanten echt hard weg uit de showroom. :yuck:
2021 BMW Z4 G29
2020 MINI Cabrio F57
2015 BMW Z4 E89
2014 BMW 316i F30
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2011 BMW 118i Cabrio E88
2009 BMW 118i E81
2006 Alfa Spider 2.0 T.S. enz, enz.
steef
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: F20 118i

Smaken verschillen gelukkig.
Achterkant gaat nog wel.
Zijkant? Doet me een beetje heel veel aan wat Engelse auto's denken.
Voorkant? Dit kan niet anders dan een grapje zijn. Hoe dat daar nou zo kan staan is mij echt een raadsel. Er moeten toch een heel wat mensen bij BWM zijn, die niks hebben durven zeggen. Als je iets in productie neemt wat er maar een beetje op lijkt, verkoop je geen auto. Echt niet!.
Afbeelding

Niet gehinderd door enige kennis.
JayBe
Being a part of it
Being a part of it
Type Auto: BMW 330i M Sport Edition

Is dit de 4-serie in Dyson uitvoering? :lol: Wat een stofzuiger aan de voorkant!
F30 LCI 330i :Mpower: Sport edition Citrinschwarz Metallic [2018] showroom link
Ex. F30 335i ActiveHybrid Liquid Blue Metallic [2012]
discus
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: G21 330e en G30 530e

Vanaf de zij ziet er prachtig uit, maar die varkensneus :duh: :duh:
Voor haar G30 530e
Voor mij G21 330e
Arjan
Administrator
Administrator
Type Auto: IX1 xdrive30

hahaha die reacties :Dubbel:
Ilyas88
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: BMW 318i E91 LCI M-Sport

Noem me maar raar.....maar die neus heeft wel wat....... :oops: Lijkt een beetje op de klassiekers alleen dan in een modern jasje. Wil niet zeggen het is prachtig maar lijkt wel alsof ik er wel gewend aan kan raken..
cajo
VIP Driver
VIP Driver
Type Auto: G20 330i (High Executive)

:In love: :ja:
Gesloten

Terug naar “BMW 4 series nieuws”